Upgrade your thermostat for FREE!
We are giving away FREE smart thermostats to all Inland Power members with electrically-heated homes! Get yours while supplies last! Click here to claim your FREE thermostat!
For the average American household, almost half the annual energy bill goes to heating and cooling. Being smart about how you control your temperature settings will help you save money and stay comfortable in your home.
WHAT IS AN ADVANCED SMART THERMOSTAT?
An advanced smart thermostat is a Wi-Fi enabled device that automatically adjusts heating and cooling temperature settings for optimal performance. These devices provide convenience, insight and control. While system designs vary, common smart thermostat features can include:
1) Learning the temperature you like and establishing a schedule that automatically adjusts to energy-saving temperatures when you are asleep or away.
2) Providing home energy use data you can track and manage.
3) Allowing you to control home heating and cooling remotely through your smartphone.
For products to meet the advanced standards of the qualified products list, they must have, at a minimum, the following:
- Independent of manufacturer evolution(s) demonstrating energy savings for smart thermostat or Energy Star certification and additional information necessary to prove energy savings
AND also have (in addition to evaluation or Energy Star certification)
- 7 day programmable or learning-based scheduling
- Wi-Fi enabled with remote access
- Built in occupancy sensor
- Heat pump auxiliary heat control optimization
To qualify, you must be a current member of Inland Power & Light. The home where the smart thermostat is installed must have an ELECTRIC forced air furnace (with or without a heat pump). Requests for rebates must be received within 90 days of purchase and include a copy of the receipt or invoice showing the date of purchase, model number and cost of the purchase (incentive will not exceed the cost of the product). Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing. These programs are subject to change without notice- Independent of manufacturer evolution(s) demonstrating energy savings for smart thermostat or Energy Star certification and additional information necessary to prove energy savings- 7 day programmable or learning-based scheduling.
Nest 3rd Generation, NestE