IT APPLICATION SPECIALIST
Empower your future. Inland Power is looking for the best and brightest talent. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team committed to safe, reliable service at great rates.
SALARY RANGE: $84,686 - $105,858
LOCATION: FOUR LAKES OFFICE - 10110 W HALLETT RD., SPOKANE, WA 99224
HOURS: 4 - 10s - 7:00 A.M. TO 5:30 P.M.
REPORTS TO: OT SUPERVISOR
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
UNION STATUS: NON-UNION
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FILLED
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to be the Inland Power expert on our enterprise software system (NISC) to ensure the system is fully optimized and utilized. Items within the NISC software will include CIS, OMS, ABS, Milsoft, GIS mapping, MDM, AMI, finance/purchasing, IVR, call capture, vault and fleet. This position analyzes user requirements and proactively contributes to the development and implementation of operational technology solutions to help departments utilize NISC to its full potential and benefit of the cooperative staff and membership. This position acts as a resource for other departments and system users providing insight, training and guidance across all departments within the cooperative.
1. Quality Work: Produce thorough, high-quality work with minimal errors. Seek feedback, make corrections as needed. Identify problems and solve them. Strive to improve processes. Work collaboratively with all departments and co-workers to implement systematic changes.
2. Productivity: Complete assigned work in a timely fashion. Utilize slow periods productively. Produce amount and volume at expected speed.
3. Technical Skills/Job Knowledge: Demonstrate high level of understanding of technical skills in area of expertise, technology, products and/or processes involved. Duly perform assigned duties. Keep current on changes and be competent with all technology necessary to perform job.
4. Communication: Clearly convey oral and written communication. Keep others informed of activities and problems in timely manner. Listen well; respond appropriately and respectfully.
5. Teamwork/Ability to Work with Others: Demonstrate ability to work in a positive manner with co-workers and/or members with differing backgrounds, opinions, capabilities, etc. Willingly share skills, competencies, and knowledge with others. Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships. Contribute effectively to group efforts. Promote harmony; agree to disagree without damaging relationships.
6. Accountability: Maintain excellent attendance and provide additional assistance after normal working hours when needed. Be reliable, prepared and accept responsibility for work and actions.
7. Integrity: Demonstrate honesty, high ethical standards, and respect for all co-workers, board of trustees and membership.
8. Professionalism: Address internal and external members with courtesy and respect. Dress in work attire appropriate to the position. Communicate business information in a timely fashion, using means of communication appropriate to the situation.
9. Support of Cooperative Goals: Support cooperative goals and adhere to all policies and procedures. Contribute effectively in support of the cooperative.
10. Problem-Solving: Use sound logic and methodology to solve problems. Explore multiple sources for answers, as required. Be able to identify hidden problems and propose solutions.
Full knowledge of Inland’s enterprise software system (NISC) to ensure the system is fully optimized and utilized. Items within the NISC software will include CIS, OMS, ABS, Milsoft, GIS mapping, MDM, AMI, finance/purchasing, IVR, call capture, vault and fleet.
Recommends major changes in procedures or systems, where necessary. Stay abreast of the entire NISC platform, changes, upgrades and communicate to cooperative departments to ensure that they are fully optimized and utilized. Work with departments to train, make aware of changes and help them to fully utilize the platform to meet the needs of their team and membership.
Attend NISC training events, conferences and the annual member information conference (MIC) to stay abreast of all additions/upgrades/changes within the NISC platform. Build relationships with NISC staff, Inland’s NISC representative and corresponding NISC contacts among local cooperatives and utilities.
Provide user support across all cooperative systems (NISC).
Studies existing data systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems or modifies existing systems to improve production or workflow.
Knowledge of organizational processes and procedures for developing or modifying work management system.
Experience querying databases to provide data and reports requested by other departments.
Participates in project implementation including planning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work. Ability to evaluate results with clear, observable metrics is necessary.
Work with users to define system requirements and troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Document computer problems and resolutions for future reference.
All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor of Science in information systems or other computer-related degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Equivalent technical training and experience will be considered.
Additional training in Database Management Systems (DBMS), Application development and computer system integration preferred.
Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to quickly learn new systems.
In-depth knowledge of mobile devices, preferably IOS.
Knowledge of cooperative policies and procedures.
Excellent people skills, including communication, diplomacy, interpersonal relations, and conflict management.
Good problem-solving skills.
Organizational skills including attention to detail and accuracy.
Professional appearance and attitude.
Ability to understand, interpret, and apply departmental processes and procedures.
Software and Toolsets:
Utility software platforms, specifically NISC
MSSQL, Oracle, MS Office, Crystal Reports
Microsoft Power Platform: Power BI, Power Apps, Dataverse
Requires frequent sitting and use of personal computer keyboard. Some lifting, carrying, twisting, reaching, crawling, squatting, and bending when working on installation and repair of computers or related equipment. Maximum weight to lift is approximately 50 pounds. Requires good finger dexterity and ability to perform close work.
Ability to meet time deadlines and effectively multi-task.
The application specialist shall have full authority to carry out these duties and responsibilities in conformity with established policies and procedures and shall utilize time in such a way as to fulfill the objectives of this position and the cooperative.
If your credentials and interest match this job, please send your completed application, cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail them to, Inland Power & Light Company, 10110 W. Hallett Rd., Spokane WA 99224-7435, Attn: Human Resources.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Inland Power and Light is committed to equal employment opportunity for all. Just as our commitment to quality motivates us to go the extra mile, we cooperate with the civil rights agencies in government in an effort to ensure equal opportunity in employment through an Affirmative Action Plan. To assure full implementation of this equal employment policy, we will take steps to assure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age, disability or any other classification protected by nondiscrimination law.
Inland Power will make reasonable accommodation to assist a qualified person with a disability in the job application, interview process and to perform the essential functions of the job whenever possible. Please contact the HR department at Inland Power if you would like assistance.