Inland Power is proud to offer the Excellence Award scholarship program. Each year, the cooperative awards 15 - $1,000 scholarships to college students and three - $1,000 scholarships to future linemen for line school!
A. College/University Scholarship Program Definition
- The program is exclusively for active Inland Power members and their children. The program includes college students who can still be claimed as legal dependents of Inland Power members (legal dependent is defined as one who is claimed on their parent or guardian's tax return.)
- Owners and dependents of owners of entity members are eligible for this program provided that their principal residence is on Inland Power's lines.
- 15 - $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students attending accredited schools in any state. Scholarship checks will be paid directly to colleges.
- Scholarship recipients may reapply the following year. However, at least five of the 15 scholarships awarded will be reserved for new applicants.
B. Scholarship Program Administration
- An all-volunteer cooperative member committee comprised of approximately five to 10 members will make the selection of scholarship recipients.
- Inland staff will coordinate the selection committee. The selection committee, serving for one year, will administer the program according to the set criteria.
- Relatives of committee members are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
C. Scholarship Program Application
- Senior high school and college students need to submit a completed application form along with the requested information described below.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
|Two Letters of Recommendation||10%|
- After the closing date of April 15, 2014, the selection committee will meet in May and recipients will be chosen and notified in May/June.
Since 1992, Inland has been awarding scholarships to those members who have excelled scholastically and in community service. In 2008, Inland introduced new scholarships to those members learning the line construction trade with the Lineman Scholarship Program.
Lineman School Scholarship Program
Linemen enjoy rewarding careers with exceptional pay and benefits. There are also currently numerous job openings throughout the Pacific Northwest. If this sounds like a career for you, click on the link below for more information and download an application.
Lineman Scholarship Application
All applications can be mailed by April 15, 2014 to Inland Power & Light (Attention: Scholarship Committee), 10110 W. Hallett Road, Spokane, WA 99224.